Brilliant design makes brilliant displays. New PinScore™ LED displays for pinball machines are the best performing, most feature-packed and economical replacement systems for obsolete glass plasma digital displays.
This PinScore™ system model PS-12739-HD is for the 1991 Bally HARLEY DAVIDSON pinball machine and Bally DR. DUDE with the WPC 89 System.
- 20 minute plug & play installation
- Adjustable brightness
- Diagnostic pushbutton
- Low power consumption - uses only 5 volts and needs no high voltage
- Beautiful black matte finish segments and boards
- Foam light shields prevent glare from surrounding general illumination
- Crisp alpha and numeric digits illuminate in original font and color
- 5 year warranty
- Built in USA
- RoHS compliant
Reference Part Numbers
- Installation Time: About 20 minutes
- Tools Required: 1/4” Nutdriver and/or Phillips screwdriver
- Unplug the AC power from your pinball machine. Remove game backglass and open the backbox insert door. Remove the speaker/display panel and unplug all display boards. Remove the original display and driver boards.
- Mount the new board. Install the foam light shields around the displays if not already in place. Hand-tighten the screws so you may align the displays with the backglass windows before permanently securing the boards. If further alignment is necessary, adjust the insert panel door hinges and latch in the backbox.
- Connect the cables. The ribbon cable goes to the connetor labeled MPU Cable. The power connectors, J100 and J101, are keyed to prevent incorrect alignment. Ribbon cables are not keyed and it is possible to mis-align the connectors. Observe correct polarity on all ribbon cables - the RED striped wires on all ribbon cables go to PIN #1 (also labeled as Red) on the board.
- Double-check all connections, plug in the machine, and turn the game on. There are three indicator LED’s to the left of the Brightness Control labeled D1, D2, D3. D1 will flash momentarily upon power-up and D2 and D3 will stay lit indicating that the power supply is working correctly. The PS-DISP16 alphanumeric LED’s will light up. Pressing the diagnostic pushbutton labeled SW1/Display Test on the PS-12739 board will illuminate all segments of all displays. This indicates that all components of the PinScore™ System are operating correctly.
- Set your preferred illumination level with the thumbwheel labeled Brightness Control.
- Play Pinball!
PinScore LED Displays and Power Supplies
PinScore™ LED displays are powered from the game's 5V power supply, the same supply used to power the game electronics. With advanced LED chemistries, PinScore™ LED displays use nearly half the power of competitive LED displays, ensuring they will not overload a game's power supply. PinScore™ displays have been tested in all supported games and are known to work reliabily. In rare cases, a game with a failing 5V power supply may not function once a PinScore™ display is installed. Other symptoms of a failing power supply include random game resets and erratic game behavior. In these situations, the game's power supply should be repaired or replaced prior to installing PinScore™ LED displays.
The plasma technology found in your machine's old displays requires high voltage to energize the segments. The high-voltage circuits in pinball machines have high failure rates and are difficult to repair as the parts are obsolete. LED displays will function correctly even if your original game's power high-voltage power supply has failed. You can choose to disable your high-voltage supply after installing these displays by removing the appropriate fusing (see your machine's docmentation). This will reduce the risk of electric shock when servicing the machine. If your machine requires a new power supply, PinScore™ power supplies designed explicitly for LED displays are available for many games.
All PinScore™ display products are covered by a 5-year, transferrable warranty. Should your display fail, contact your distributor for repair or replacement options. PinScore™ products will be repaired or replaced at the distributor’s discretion.
PinScore™ LED displays are a replacement product for aging pinball machines. While PinScore™ LED displays are carefully engineered to replace as many high-failure parts as possible and retain robustness, there remains a possibility that other parts of your machine may need to be repaired before your game will function correctly. These parts include but are not limited to your machine’s MPU, transformer, wiring, and fuses. The PinScore™ warranty does not cover damage caused by improper installation, faulty wiring, aftermarket game modifications, and incorrect aftermarket repairs.